The U.S. Census has a great infographic about educational attainment, common occupations, and synthetic work-life earnings estimates.
Some highlights for students thinking about getting their degree in Business:
- 7.3 million workers hold a Business degree (aged 25-64 and working full-time) with average earnings of $2.724 million over a 40-year work-life.
- 5.6 million with Bachelor’s degree – $2.5 million average earnings in work-life
- 1.4 million with Master’s degree – $3.2 million average earnings in work-life
- 235,000 with Professional degree – $4 million average earnings in work-life
- 60,000 with Doctorate degree – $3.5 million average earnings in work-life
- Chief Executive Officers with a masters degree are the highest earners over their work-life at $5.7 million.
- Elementary School Teachers with a Master’s degree are the lowest of the group at $2 million
(from careers listed in study)