The primary purpose of the Creative Outlook Art Contest is to showcase student artwork and to offer $750 (total) in scholarship checks. The contest is open to current college level students as well as current high school students interested in attending a top quality art program. The contest provides a venue for high school students to be discovered by colleges looking to recruit them and college students to feature their work in an environment with other students at accredited schools.
The winning entries will be featured in Creative Outlook Magazine to publish in November 2022. One entry will be chosen for the cover of that issue.
Art Contest RULES:
- Open to current college level students, as well as current high school students.
- Only original artwork created by the submitting artist.
- All visual and creative art mediums and styles accepted (painting, drawings, fashion, photography, digital, sculpture, culinary arts, etc).
- Images must be submitted to the online contest as .jpg, .gif, or .png at a resolution not to exceed 72 dpi.
- If student artwork is selected as a winner, student must be prepared to submit image in high resolution format (300 DPI, at least 8” wide) in order to meet minimum print resolution standards for inclusion in the magazine. Failure to provide high resolution images will disqualify your artwork.
- All artwork will remain on the website for the duration of the contest. The earlier you submit your artwork, the longer it will appear on the site.
- There is no entry fee.
- Limit 5 images entered per applicant.
All entries and voting must be submitted by 12 p.m. CST on September 1, 2022. Winners will be announced one week prior to publication of Creative Outlook Magazine.
First Place Prize – Selected by Creative Outlook’s art panel, the first place winner’s artwork will appear on the cover of Creative Outlook 2022, a magazine dedicated to the pursuit of higher art education, an interview and feature in the magazine by the editor of Creative Outlook Magazine, and a $250 Scholarship check.
Second Place Prize – Selected by Creative Outlook’s art panel, the second place winner’s artwork will appear inside Creative Outlook Magazine and will be awarded a $250 Scholarship check.
Peer Choice Award – The artwork that receives the greatest number of online votes (Creative-Outlook.com) will appear inside Creative Outlook Magazine and winner will be awarded a $250 Scholarship check.
All award winners will be also featured in the online version of Creative Outlook Magazine: http://www.mymajors.com/blog/creativeoutlook/read/.
*If you do not respond within a timely matter to the Creative Outlook Editor after being selected as a finalist, we may select a new winner in your place. Failure to be interviewed by our Editor will forfeit your chance to win. Creative Outlook works on a deadline to print the publication, so your cooperation is appreciated. You will have until September 7, 2022 to respond via phone or by email.
Top 10 finalists for the contest will be selected based on online voting at the Creative-Outlook.com website. Submissions with the greatest number of votes that meet the rules criteria for the contest will be entered into the final stage of selection. In the case of a tie or an ineligible finalist, a ruling will be made by decision of Creative Outlook panel of judges. Only two art pieces by one artist can make the top ten finalists. The top two voted art pieces will be accepted. All decisions are final. The final top 10 will then be reviewed by a panel of Creative Outlook staff. Winners will be announced and required to respond by September 7, 2022 for bio information, interview and high resolution artwork.
RULES, REGULATIONS, AND PERMISSIONS:
By clicking the “Submit” or “Upload” button on our upload page and entering your artwork into the Creative Outlook Cover Contest, you hereby grant the Creative Outlook and Townsend Communications, Inc. a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, perpetual license to:
- Reproduce said art and associated textual description (in whole or in part) in print, electronic and other media for the limited purposes described below with no expiration. All artwork will be attributed to student artist.
- Modify for sizing, transmission, or distribution of your submission without prior or additional consent.
- Use the artists’ name, likeness and biographical information in connection with the art being submitted.
The terms and conditions in the rules, regulations, and permissions are to allow the Creative Outlook staff to promote the contest and share your artwork with others.
You also agree that:
- Winning images will appear in the Creative Outlook Magazine, Creative-Outlook.com, and may be used in articles and postings of Townsend Communications (publisher) family of print, mobile, online and email programs, including but not limited to – MyMajors, Creative Outlook Spring, Counselor’s Guide, and Transfer Guide.
- Submitted images will be displayed on the Creative Outlook web site in association with the Creative Outlook Art Contest.
- Submitted images may be used elsewhere in association with reporting of the Creative Outlook Art Contest or publicity for or about the Creative Outlook Art Contest.
Creative Outlook (Townsend Communications, Inc.) stipulates that copyright is retained by the artist and the use of such art by Townsend Communications, Inc. is limited or restricted to those described in these terms and conditions and that Townsend Communications, Inc. may not grant use of the art to third parties.
Ineligible winner is defined by malpractice of the contest by copyright infringement, artwork was not created by submitter, or other examples deemed by Townsend Communications and Creative Outlook as misconduct.
If your art entry was a finalist or featured in a previous Creative Outlook Magazine, you may not resubmit your entry for the 2022 contest. You may submit new artwork, but not the exact same artwork. Finalist is defined by featured in the Creative Outlook Magazine which can be found on creative-outlook.com. If you were not a finalist or featured in the printed magazine, you may resubmit your artwork.
You also agree that:
Creative Outlook Art Contest reserves the right to reject any submission without showing cause (in which case, neither Townsend Communications, Inc. nor its individual publications may use that submission for any purpose without the specific separate permission of the artist).
Townsend Communications, Inc. will not be held liable if one or more of the contest sponsors (other than Creative Outlook) fails to deliver an agreed-upon prize.
Townsend Communications, Inc. reserves the right to extend the contest submission deadline.
This Agreement may not be amended except by written agreement between the parties.
Further, you also warrant that:
The art being submitted is original art created by you and does not violate any copyrights.
The art being submitted is not subject to any third party intellectual property rights.
COPIES OF MAGAZINE:
The winners will receive two copies of the 2022 magazine. If you, a family member or teacher would like extra copies, you can contact email@example.com. Extra copies are provided free of charge but you will be expected to pay the cost of shipping or mailing. A Townsend Communications representative will present rates based on quantity of copies requested.
Creative Outlook Team
Townsend Communications, Inc.
20 E Gregory Blvd,
Kansas City, MO 64114