My Bite-Sized Christmas Break
Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a fantabulous holiday season =)
I promised that I wouldn’t use this blog to complain. I will not, I will not, I will not *pats self on back*
I would, however, just like to inform you all on the nature of my ‘vacation’. I got six days off from school.
Here’s my list of stuff I wish I didn’t have to do (You don’t actually have to read it. Ew.) :
- Psychology: Read Unit 7 B, Answer questions at the end of the Unit and Free Response Essay. Read Chapter VII in AP Prep book, answer questions at the end of the chapter. Complete second essay.
- Math: Problems 1-37 to be counted as two quiz grades
- English: Five page analysis on Antigone. Read the second half of Jane Erye; make notes for 3 page paper coming up. 12 passage AP exam packet, plus essay.
- Spanish: Learn 28 vocab words, write and bind 15 page story.
Here’s my list of stuff I absolutely needed to do if I want to succeed in life:
- College Auditions: Learn two 36 bar songs in contrasting styles, one 16 bar cut, memorize and fully realize two contrasting monologues and a third just in case.
- Piano: Practice Every Day.
- Apply to some more colleges in case I am denied and deferred.
Here’s my list of stuff I really wanted to do:
- Spread the word about human trafficking on local tv and radio
- Read Clockwork Prince
- Read The Acting Bible and Auditions and Stage Craft and other Theater stuff
- Write some drafts for my senior thesis Play
- Watch some of the latest movies and see some theater to get myself caught up
- Learn some new vegetarian and vegan recipes
- Spend time with my family
- General R&R
- Spend some time with my friends
All together, those lists are rather long, so it makes sense that I didn’t get to do everything I wanted or had to, even if I do have two more days of ‘vacation’ left. (Still, I’m panicking a bit because there are things that I absolutely, totally need to do and will do right after I finish this post.) My solace is that this time next year, I’ll have at least a two week break, considering I’ll be in college and the semester ‘ought to be over. Meanwhile, I’ll try to enjoy senior year to the best of my ability, seeing as I only have it once.
Until my next post, which will be hopefully be more humor-filled and less ‘there-are-things-that-must-be-done-hee-a,’ I wish you all a beautiful, happy, and safe 2012!